unclear about bug reporting for provisional kde repos

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 22:09:06 UTC 2010

On Saturday 10 July 2010 22:49:48 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > I reckon it could be a video driver issue, all the "eye candy" is working
> > fine here using rpmfusions nvidia packages.
>
> I have transparency and others, but just got a message stating that:
>
> "The following desktop effects could not be activated:
>
>  -Blur
>  -Cover Switch
>  -Desktop Cube
>  -Desktop Cube Animation
>  -Flip Switch
>  -Magic Lamp
>  -Wobbly Windows"

Interesting, I have seen this when I tried to use the Nouveau drivers a while
back, never could get those to work with the Desktop effects.

> Maybe it is an Intel video driver issue? How would I determine that for
> certain?

Possibly checking Xsession and Xorg logs may shed some light on the problem,
could it be a Kwin problem?

Other than that I can't really help sorry, maybe other Intel gfx users can.

Colin
--
Fedora release 13 (Goddard)
Registered Linux user number #342953