Pointer capture for touchpads?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 2 02:01:29 UTC 2010

Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> It has somewhat nasty preconditions: requires either root privs for the
> scroll/click control or Xserver access for enabling/disabling :( So I am
> not sure how it could be intergated into the desktop.

Requiring X server access, in particular access to the X input properties,
is quite normal, kcm_touchpad also requires this, and I really see no reason
why this wouldn't be required. The root access is more of a problem: If
there are no X input properties for those settings, the driver ought to be
fixed to add those! Once we have X input properties for all the required
settings, support for the Sentelic driver should probably be added to
kcm_touchpad.

        Kevin Kofler