KMail again

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Mar 13 14:08:57 UTC 2010

I am running KMail on my laptop
to access a dovecot/IMAP server on my desktop.

KMail works fine most of the time,
except that there are a couple of "sick" messages
which I can't get rid of.
As soon as I click on them KMail crashes.

I've been waiting for this KMail bug to be solved,
but that doesn't seem to be coming very soon
(I've submitted a bugzilla, as have many others).

I'm wondering now if there is a simple way
of dealing with the symptom,
by getting rid of these bad messages.

I've seen a suggestion that the problem is due to
some corruption of a dovecot/KMail cache,
but I'm not sure what that refers to.

If any KMail/kdepim expert has a solution
I should be very grateful.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net