Amarok seems to have lost its internet sources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:25:07 UTC 2010

On Monday 15 March 2010 20:48:57 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> 2010/3/15 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> > I could be a week since I last used the facility, but having got my new
> > newsletter from Magnatune I wanted to try out the latest albums.  To my
> > surprise Amarok is now only offering me local albums, and I can't find
> > any way of getting the Internet sources back.  Although Magnatune is the
> > only one I actually use, all the sources are ticked in the configuration
> > page.  Has anyone any idea?
>
> Did you click on this little folder icon on the left side? There is
> "Internet" and in there "Magnatune".
>
> Speaking of amarok-2.3.0 here.

Duh!  A folder, then Local Music, to me meant file system.  Actually, I think
I did try it earlier, but since then I had been advised to run "kbuildsycoca4
--noincremental" since it is known that such things can happen at times, so
perhaps that brought it back.  OTOH, pebcak is defintely a possiblity ;-)

I don't know why that after all the work that has gone into amarok I still
find the UI completely baffling.  Half the things people talk about mean
nothing to me, and I don't see them anywhere to experiment.  Still, long live
dinosaurs :-)

KDE Community Working Group