kde bug reporting assistant broken?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 19 19:27:49 UTC 2010

On Friday 19 March 2010 17:52:48 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> > But if it says it is not good enough, and you can't give any more
> > information, what else do you want it to do?  I see no point in
> > additional 'warnings' - the point is already made when it said that it
> > is not useful.
>
> I know what you mean. The is not useful part is if you're missing
> debuginfo packages. You can have a 3 star report, but if you can't
> give info about what you did as it crashed it doesn't report at all.

How could you not know what you were doing when it crashed?  It doesn't ask
for technicalities, just a simple description.

> Well, you could trick it probably by giving "blah blah blah" as
> description and it would send it ;) But i doubt the devels would be
> happy :)

Sorry, I simply don't understand this thread.  I've just reported a crash.
This is the first I've done since the version changed.  It asked me to confirm
that I'd checked the backtrace for sensitive information.  Part 2 of the
display asks for steps to re-create the crash.  I left that empty.  Part 3 is
labelled comments.  I wrote two sentences about what had happened.  The report
went.  I really don't see how it could be easier.

KDE Community Working Group