Fedora KDE Live Media installer still not available in non-english language

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:57:06 UTC 2010

One year ago I've reported bug #541055 "Anaconda "Select language"
screen is not available from F12 KDE LiveMedia". After two mayor
releases, this bug is still present and non-english-speaking users are
forced to use "liveinst --lang=xx" to get a translated Anaconda.

It seems than Anaconda developers don't want to make changes juts for
us. I'm quoting: "anaconda's not going to start growing warts for
dealing with specific livecd quirks". So if this is going to be fixed,
the fix should came from KDE SIG.

Kevin suggested this: "to wrap liveinst with a kdialog --menu based
script". Can we consideer this option in time for Fedora 15? As a
non-english user it's hard to promote Fedora KDE Live Media between my
friends and coworkers without a proper Spanish installator (even if
Anaconda *is* already translated).
--
Christian González G.
http://chgonzalez.blogspot.com