Preupgrade F13 x86_64 -> F14 x86_64 KDE Fails

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:35:53 UTC 2010

Rex:

Yes, disabling desktop effects allows me to start KDE normally.  Oddly
enough, I seem to be able to re-enable desktop effects (when running
in normal mode) without ill effect (no pun intended).

This worked under Fedora 13/KDE 4.4.  I have an nVidia GTS 250 and am
running the 260.19.12 driver (same driver under F13, but the old
2.6.34.7-61.fc13.x86_64 kernel rather than the 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.x86_64
of F14).

Where should I start looking?  Is there some place that kwin spits out a log?

George