Kajongg?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 9 16:45:58 UTC 2010

Chris Smart wrote:
> I seem to recall that new game Kajongg (not to be confused with
> Kmahjongg) was merged into KDE4 at some point, but I cannot see it in
> Fedora (apart from docs /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kajongg). I've
> downloaded the kdegames source RPM and Kajongg is included in the
> tarball, but the spec file doesn't appear to build it.
>
> There's probably a good reason that it's not included - maybe it's not
> stable, maybe it doesn't have enough translations, or maybe no-one
> else noticed it :-) I thought I'd run it past the KDE list first, to
> get some thoughts.

Missing BuildRequires:
   * PyQt4  <http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/intro>
     PyQt4 was not found.  It is needed by kajongg to run. (Use -
DINSTALL_KAJONGG=TRUE to install anyway)
   * PyKDE4  <http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebindings/python/pykde4/>
     PyKDE4 was not found.  It is needed by kajongg to run.  (Use -
DINSTALL_KAJONGG=TRUE to install anyway)
   * SQLite  <http://www.sqlite.org/>
     SQLite was not found.  It is needed by kajongg to run.  (Use -
DINSTALL_KAJONGG=TRUE to install anyway)
   * Twisted  <http://www.twistedmatrix.com>
     Twisted was not found.  It is needed by kajongg to run.  (Use -
DINSTALL_KAJONGG=TRUE to install anyway)

Since this is only needed at runtime, we should just use
-DINSTALL_KAJONGG=TRUE to bypass the build time checks. But it'll need
runtime dependencies added (PyQt4, PyKDE4 and python-twisted; the Python
SQLite 3 module is in the python package itself), and maybe Kajongg should
be a separate subpackage because of the dependencies.

        Kevin Kofler