kde-4.5.3 seems really rough.

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:30:52 UTC 2010

On 11/09/2010 02:02 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> What feature is this? Unchecked boxes getting magically checked after
>> a simple update does not sound like a feature.
>
> "Magic screen edges" is the feature, it got enabled by default because it
> was new, so there were no existing settings, and somebody thought this new
> "feature" is so cool that everyone must want it.

AFAIK it's Windows 7 misfeature that someone thought we needed to
replicate. I hate it too, especially having to hunt around to figure out
how to turn it off.

Can we establish a rule, or at least a guiding principle?: visible
changes to the interaction model must be optional, and they must be off
by default.

poc