kpackagekit

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 13:54:14 UTC 2010

On Friday, November 12, 2010 06:02:41 am charles zeitler wrote:
>i just did an update, (on Fedora 14) & the main window
>on kpackagekit no longer displays the
>various groups ( adminastration, kde, multimedia etc.)
>
>is there some way of getting them back?

Hi,
I'm sorry but I think we really screwed this update - the change is really
intrusive and bodhi update was poorly managed too.

We should really document these kind of changes - and link from Bodhi update,
let uses know how to handle it. As michich stated in update - "Ok we are giving
0.6.2 another try." is really not the right description do be pushed to
stable...

The situation with KPK is not very easy as we depend on both PK and KPK people
and it leads to a lot of problems :(

/me should start to use KPK instead of Yum to track it more closely...

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275