Performance degradation after KDE runs for sometime

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:47:06 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 04:19:28 am Christos Lazaridis wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2010 09:00:26 pm Richard Heck wrote:
>
> I'll add text box scrolling as well. It gets unusably slow after some
> point. A quick fix I've discovered is to disable and enable the desktop
> effects (the other way around works just as well!).

What do you mean by text box scrolling ?
I observe also that sometime any text editor (Kmail composer window, kile,
kate) gets unreasonably slow and sluggish even for small amount of text. I
cannot reproduce it consistently. It cures itself at some point (possibly due
to login / logout or just restarting the application, I don't know). Is this
what you meant ?

AC