Strigi crashes

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 12:55:32 UTC 2010

Hello

I started using Nepomuk/Strigi recently and enabled indexing. I observed
that after a while, the indexing icon (in the systray) is vanishing.
When I check in System Settings, it shows that Strigi is disabled. If I
enable it again, it runs for a couple of seconds (the icon in the
systray appears) and again vanishes.

Instead of enabling it in System Settings, I started strigi from
terminal by doing:
nepomukservicestub nepomukstrigiservice

The same observations repeated. But when strigi crashed, I got the
following in the terminal:

==============================

'le1 le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
' Edit le1' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1 le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
' Add le1 to' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1 le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1 le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'git di' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'git di HEAD' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'git di --cached' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1 le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le1' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'le2' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'Di' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'di between' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
'di between' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
Analyzer AuThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer Audible has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer DdsThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer FontThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer GifThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer IcoThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer Mp4 has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer PcxThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer RgbThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer SidThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer XbmThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
Analyzer OggThroughAnalyzer has left the stream in a bad state.
nepomukservicestub:
/builddir/build/BUILD/strigi-0.7.2/src/streams/dataeventinputstream.cpp:30:
Strigi::DataEventInputStream::DataEventInputStream(Strigi::InputStream*,
Strigi::DataEventHandler&): Assertion `input->position() == 0' failed.
KCrash: Application 'nepomukservicestub' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/kde4/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/syamcr/.kde/socket-square/kdeinit4__0
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 8 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 11 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 13 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 22 and type 'Read', disabling...
nepomukservicestub: Fatal IO error: client killed
kDebugStream called after destruction (from virtual
Strigi::NepomukIndexManager::~NepomukIndexManager() file
/builddir/build/BUILD/kdebase-runtime-4.5.3/nepomuk/strigibackend/nepomukindexmanager.cpp
line 78)

kDebugStream called after destruction (from virtual
Strigi::NepomukIndexWriter::~NepomukIndexWriter() file
/builddir/build/BUILD/kdebase-runtime-4.5.3/nepomuk/strigibackend/nepomukindexwriter.cpp
line 332)

Can anybody please explain what's happening here? Is it that a
problematic file is causing strigi to crash? If that's the case, how do
I find the culprit file?

I run Fedora 14 that was updated this morning ('yum update' from regular
stable repos).

regards,

Syam