kwebkitpart default or optional for F15+?

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Thu Nov 25 00:22:08 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch 24 November 2010, 23:31:32 schrieb Kevin Kofler:

> No menu, much fewer features than Konqueror.

Of course it has fewer features than Konqueror, after all Konqueror is the kitchen sink.
Rekonq is just a web browser and no file manager and whatever Konqueror is in addition to
that.

Rekonq is somehow still providing a menu. Under Kubuntu Netbook with the global menu bar
Rekonq shows a full menu. If I have to guess, I'd say that the menu is just hardcoded to
be hidden (some apps allow toggleable menus as you know). Maybe it'd be just a small patch
to re-add the Ctrl-M toggle shortcut in Fedora's Rekonq package.

I think Konqueror's interface is simply cluttered.

Btw: Did anybody try to compile Firefox as Qt application? Nokia ported FF to Qt for
MeeGo.

Markus