KDE 4.6 Beta: Icon-cache corrupt?

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:29:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm running KDE 4.6 beta (rawhide)  for a while now and it looks very nice.
Thanks for the great work!

But I see a few issues.

1. As the subject say the icon-cache gets corrupted, if I interpret the
message in .xsession-errors correct:
"kde(1471)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Trying to remove an entry which is already
invalid. This  cache is likely corrupt."
2. dolpin is rather a slow starter (~3-4 sec.). May be related to 1.
3. KMail2 has a long way to go. This version is better than the previous one.
It's much more responsive. Notifications still don't work, lots of settings are
not saved/used, database corruption (akonadi some times gets crazy) etc.

WRT 1(2?): What did I already do?
a. I've tried to remove the icon-cache. This temporary 'solves' the issue.
b. I created a new user. After a log out/log in the messages start appearing.

Did any one else see this, do I have to bz, to what component?

Thanks,

Martin Kho