feedback on default plasma-desktop layout

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Aug 24 11:29:36 UTC 2011

Jim Lemon wrote:
> I vote for emptiness. Whenever I do a complete install, I spend the next
> week turning things off. My experience so far is that it is a lot easier
> to turn things on than to turn them off.

That's not quite true in this case. Removing a Plasma widget (plasmoid) from
the desktop can be done in 1 click (click on the X which appears if you
mouseover the widget). Adding it means going to the desktop toolbox (by
clicking on that cashew-like icon), clicking on "Add widget" and then
finding the correct widget in the list (which also implies you have to know
how it's called). So removing stuff is much easier than adding it in this
case.

        Kevin Kofler