Problem with Panels

Brandon Boles bb at zbeba.com
Fri Aug 26 16:08:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:00:12PM +0000, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Its been along time.
>
> I have a weird problem. Just out of curiosity, I finally logged into gnome in
> Fedora 15 ( nice smart phone lol ). After logging back into kde, the panel on
> the top of my screen was not at the top, but a bit lower than that. I dragged
> it back up to the top and then logged off and back on. The panel once again
> was lowered.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eli
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

Hi Eli,

I see the same thing.  Not sure when it started though.  I've not logged into Gnome, so I don't
think that has anything to do with it.  Seems it started a few weeks back for me (I'm using the
kde-stable repo).  I use an nVidia card with Twinview.  If I resize my desktop to span from my
laptop to an external monitor, the panel fixes itself (if I don't manually move it prior to this).
Relevant softwares:

kdebase-runtime-4.6.5-1.fc15.x86_64
kmod-nvidia-2.6.40-4.fc15.x86_64-280.13-2.fc15.x86_64

Not sure which component is to blame.

--
Brandon Boles
bb at zbeba.com