feedback on default plasma-desktop layout

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Aug 27 21:48:58 UTC 2011

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Huh?  How do you manage to get a blank folderview?  By default it points
> to /home/you.

No. By default, it points to /home/`whoami`/Desktop, which is empty by
default. (There used to be some default entries in the good old RHL days,
but these days, there aren't any, except for the live image, which has
liveinst there by default.) We could probably ship some default entries in
some kde-sig-default-desktop package (though I'm not sure about where to
install them too: I guess /etc/skel/Desktop, but xdg-user-dirs also
translates the directory names, plus I don't know if /etc/skel isn't
supposed to be reserved for the local admin, it's empty in current Fedora),
but it'd affect all desktops if installed.

        Kevin Kofler