WYSYWIG for HTML5

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 10 00:36:38 UTC 2011

I wrote:
> I don't know what the current status of KDE 4 Quanta is, but last I
> checked, the new maintainer wasn't interested in VPL (Visual Page Layout,
> i.e. the WYSYWIG mode) at all, i.e. the plan is/was to ship Quanta with
> only the text-based mode and quick preview. The maintainer also said he
> was focusing on XML/XHTML only, hopefully HTML5 made him change his mind
> there…

PS: I checked the current status now. It looks like this is the latest
status update:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=quanta&m=130763123429115&w=2

It looks like the PHP and CSS stuff is going forward nicely and might be
shipped as plugins for KDevelop (Quanta 4 is going to be based on KDevelop 4
technologies), but the HTML stuff (i.e. the most important part) needs a lot
of work still. :-(

So your options are basically either KDE 3 Quanta (packaged in Fedora, but
not designed for HTML5) or BlueGriffon (not packaged for Fedora, at least
not the current version)…

        Kevin Kofler