WYSYWIG for HTML5

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 10 05:47:31 UTC 2011

Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Bluegriffon RPM's for F16 (32Bit) are available at their website

Sadly, there is no SRPM provided, which would be needed to build a native
64-bit RPM. :-/ Not providing a specfile or SRPM is arguably a violation of
the GPL. (The specfile is a build script, defined by the GPL to be part of
the source code.)

We need to track down the specfile they're using so we can build native 64-
bit RPMs. I don't see why they aren't providing them in the first place.
Having to litter a 64-bit installation with tons of 32-bit multilib crap
sucks.

Looking at their download page, they also advertise proprietary for-purchase
add-ons, which is not a nice thing… :-/
http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2009/10/16/open-core-shareware.html
Features being intentionally withhold from the Free Software version to
force people to pay for restrictively-licensed non-Free addons is just evil,
and can be a major obstacle to forming a real open community (because
they'll reject any attempts at implementing the same features in the Free
version to protect their business model). (If I had noticed this before, I
wouldn't even have brought this software up as an option. I believe this is
a really dangerous business model.)

        Kevin Kofler