Google Chrome keeps popping up KDE Wallet dialogue

Mike Park emparq at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:45:19 UTC 2011

> In the chromium sources [1] I see the following file:
> "trunk/src/chrome/browser/password_manager/native_backend_kwallet_x.cc"
>
> So the usage of kwallet and other kde dialogs looks to be intended and no bug.

Perhaps the integration with kwallet is intended, but on my version of
Chromium (F14, Chromium 10.0.634.0) it prompts repeatedly, even after
I've given it my kwallet password. What's more, it prompts me twice
(ie. I have to hit 'cancel' two times in a row) on a newly opened tab
to say, engadget, where I've never stored any credentials-info.

Btw, I think I was mistaken earlier when I said I saw it in Chrome
(F14, Chrome 9.0.597.98). It seems to only be happening in Chromium.