Incorrect resolv.conf, password prompt with kde-plasma-networkmanagement-vpnc

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 21:22:00 UTC 2011

My /etc/resolv.conf file is generated incorrectly and I now get a
password prompt when I connect to my VPN.

I selected Store for both user and group passwords in the Edit Network
Connection - KDE Control Module dialog under the Cisco VPN tab.  This
used to be effective -- no password prompt.  Now a useless prompt that
won't allow any changes to the stored password pops *under* other
windows on the desktop.  Before some recent update, the prompt was not
issued.

The /etc/resolv.conf problem:

In the same dialog box, under the IP Address tab for Basic Settings, I
add two name servers on the VPN network.  I also add a few Search
Domains (which has never worked).  The /etc/resolv.conf file is now
generated with the first DNS server address as the searchdoamin and
the second address as the only DNS server.

I did a bit of searching bugzilla, but came up empty.  I'm also not
sure what component to query.  I included NetworkManager and
kdenetwork.

Anyone else having problems?

--
Garry T. Williams