Kopete alternative?

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Mon Jan 3 14:42:12 UTC 2011

On 01/03/2011 05:04 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Saturday, January 01, 2011 11:57:26 pm Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> Thanks, that looks like quite a nice client for MSN, but unfortunately
>>> it doesn't support any other protocols :-(
>>
>> Which protocol do you use and what problems are you having with Kopete?
>> I use it for jabber and it works great except for receiving files. That
>> fails about 90% of the time.
>
> Even with proxy correctly set up?

The machines are on the same subnet (local openfire jabber server) so
proxy is not needed. The receiver gets the request to receive a file and
then Kopete starts to download it. But most of the time you end up with
a failed transfer. I suppose I should start dumping some traffic to see
what the problem actually is. :-)

> R.
>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris