Bluetooth under KDE?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 14:42:44 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 01:40:50 pm Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there a working Bluetooth setup under KDE-4.5?
>
> I've downloaded all the relevant packages, as far as I can see,
> but none of them seem to provide a file /etc/hcid.conf ,
> which according to the (rather old) documentation I have seen
> is a vital component of Linux Bluetooth.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any documentation at all for kbluetooth,
> and it is not clear to me (no bluetooth expert)
> how it is meant to work, or what service it provides.
>
> Any elucidation (or pointer to documentation) gratefully received.

Hi,
Rawhide/Fedora 15 contains new BlueDevil stack. It's actually much more better
than kbluetooth - but some people reports kbluetooth works better for them.

We are preparing BlueDevil for kde-rh unofficial repositories as we do not want to
break Fedora 14 setups. It's still under development (but already released as
stable one).

Another possibility is to try BlueMan - Gnome based utility. It works quite well
- to find and setup all devices but I cane see one crash per hour :)

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275