KDE 4.6 beta2 power management

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 07:59:47 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, December 08, 2010 15:53:20 Martin Airs wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> Since updating to 4.5.85 my monitor goes off after 10 minutes of
> inactivity, I've tried turning off the monitor power management in
> powerdevil and it still goes of after 10 minutes, I even tried setting the
> timeout to 1 minute but the monitor still goes off after 10 minutes.
>
> It seems something else is turning off the monitor, and powerdevil is
> having no effect.
>
> Has anyone else had this, and were can I start looking to see what is
> actualy doing it and how to turn it to never!, I would like it to honour
> the powerdevil profile as it allways has done in the past.

Some "update" on this with 4.6.0-0.1
a)powersaving - it changes default value in powermanagement profiles. Now it
switches computer to sleep even in performance profile. I left my computer in
office running, so I could connect from home and finish some work as usual, but
when I needed to connect, computer was sleeping. This change should be cared
of at least for kde 4.6.0 updates in F-14

b)backlight
When second session terminates, first session backlight is set to (almost?)
zero despite both first and second session backlight was set the same (about 80
% ). (ati hw)