bangarang at risk of being retired

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 09:45:10 UTC 2011

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Due to lack of current maintainer, a nice multimedia app, bangarang, is
> at risk of being retired from fedora (and won't be included in
> subsequent releases).
>
> I'd encourage any current fedora contributor/packager to consider
> becoming it's maintainer.  As a matter of fact, even if you aren't a
> current contributor, I would consider sponsoring you if you want to get
> started dabbling in contributing by maintaining this relatively simple
> package.

If you wouldn't mind sponsoring me, I would love to take on bangarang and
basket, which is also set to be removed.  I would really hate to see either
of them go.

I have taken a look at their spec files and I think can handle the RPM side
of things just fine.  I just need to brush up on Fedora's policies and learn
how to deal with koji, bodhi, et al.

> See also:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-July/154334.html
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/bangarang