Need to logout on Update

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jul 26 10:50:26 UTC 2011

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Even minor kde-4.x.y updates (where y increments), a session restart is
> recommended.  for major (x increments) updates, we set the flag to
> request a reboot.

Is this still necessary? KPackageKit is supposed to detect running apps and
request a session restart, for me it normally does. A full reboot is not
actually required, and we've had trouble with the "request reboot" flag in
the past (the flag would infect all further updates, even just of one of the
packages). I don't think we should be setting "request reboot" for any KDE
update anymore.

        Kevin Kofler