KWallet behavior

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 01:11:49 UTC 2011

KWallet is behaving strangely for me... it waits until I try to send an
email to ask for the wallet password. For awhile I thought it was causing
my Chrome password issues, but I figured out that it was asking for the
GMail password to sync my Chrome.

Seriously, though... WTF is up with KWallet now? I just upgraded to F15 a
couple weeks ago and now it's not working like it "should"?!?!?!?! I have
it configured as follows:
1) It is enabled
2) Close when last application using it closes
3) Show in System tray
3b)Hide system tray icon when last wallet closes

Access Control:
1) Prompt when an application accesses an open wallet.

WHAT in there says "don't ask for the password until I specifically try to
access a password"???? How do I configure it to open the wallet with KMail
like it used to?