Fun and games with sound

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sat Mar 12 23:11:36 UTC 2011

On Saturday 12 March 2011 20:43:29 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I see that 'disk sleep' every time something fails

This rings a bell with me (no pun intended ;-) ). I have seen problems like
this in the previous days where I get some programs with the D state on htop
even although the CPUs are free (mostly). Like today morning when I was
installing some program using yum that was in a disk sleep state, really
weird.

Sometimes that also happens when kmix is taking lots of cpu. FWIW I am not
sure these two are related.

This are just symptoms as I have not yet found a cause. After some time those
problems disapear and the system works as intented.

--
José Abílio