plasma-desktop has taken over my computer

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Sun Mar 13 05:53:55 UTC 2011

The machine has beome barely responsive; things like the kickstart menu
button, or right-click on the desktop, or clicking on the options button
on the panel produce no effect - nothing. I don't remember doing
anything in particular that could have caused this. If I run top, it
says that plasma-desktop is using 100% of my CPU. If I long in as a
different user, the problem's not there, so this specific to my regular
user configuration. I notice that there are also three processes called
'migration' running - could those have anything to do with this problem?
None of them seem to be using any measurable CPU resources...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA