google chrome under kde

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 21 14:07:50 UTC 2011

Hi

I wonder if anyone has tried google-chrome (from the google
repositories) dev channel under kde 4.5.5 and whether it works ok for them?

I'm having problems with it hanging a lot on F14 x86_64, but not every
time. When I start it, sometimes it just doesnt render some web pages.
Often if its trying to restore half a dozen tabs it'll do a couple but
hang on the rest. Eventually they timeout.

The beta channel seems to work fine.

The dev channel works well under gnome, it seems to be kde its having
problems with.

I had an idea that this behaviour started after they set the default to
enable accelerated layers, but the obvious trick of using the
--disable-accelerated-layers option doesnt seem to fix it.

Anyone any info or ideas?

Thanks

Roderick