KTorrent

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:49:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> George Galt wrote:
>
>> I've used it to download ISOs for various distributions (Fedora,
>> CentOS, Scientific Linux) without a hitch.  I can't offer any insight
>> on your problem, only hope that it has worked elsewhere.
>
> OK, thanks.
> I probably did something wrong in using KTorrent.
> How exactly did you torrent-download CentOS?
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

I went to the centos.org site and selected the file I wanted, for
example, this URL for x86_64 DVD
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/5.5/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.5-x86_64-bin-DVD.torrent
Then I opened Ktorrent and pressed the "open URL" button in the button
bar and inserted the above URL in the dialog box and pressed "OK".
Waited while the file downloaded.  That's it.

George