User interaction problems

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon May 2 08:10:55 UTC 2011

Ryan Rix wrote:
> Hmmm, that's unfortunate. Fedora 14 won't get kde-workspace 4.7 then, it
> looks like, since it's stuck on mesa 7.9 for the forseeable future. :( Six
> months != modern, I suppose...?

Our current plan is only one KDE SC update per Fedora release (e.g. we
didn't push 4.5 to F12 nor 4.6 to F13), which means no 4.7 for F14 anyway.
It looks like you will have to upgrade to F15 to get 4.7.

We could easily patch KWin to accept F14's Mesa for desktop effects. We may
end up doing that for unofficial (kde-redhat) packages if we make any. (We
made some for 4.5 on F12; we didn't for 4.6 on F13 because KAuth wants a
newer polkit-qt which wants a newer polkit than the one in F13, which
probably could have been hacked around too, but we decided not to bother.)

        Kevin Kofler