KDE PIM 4.6 coming?

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Mon May 2 10:55:33 UTC 2011

On Monday, May 02, 2011 12:11:54 Chris Smart wrote:
> https://steveire.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/it-is-coming/
>
> "KDE PIM 4.6 is due to be released on June 7th alongside the 4.6.4
> versions of the rest of the KDE application suite.
>
> In terms of features, we think it is user ready and there have been
> many positive reports already from users of development versions. It
> is definitely not bug-free however. There are still some problematic
> communications with Exchange servers, and some resource usage spikes,
> but we are confident that this is overall a step forward. Users will
> be able to (mostly) downgrade to KDE PIM 4.4 if the 4.6 version does
> not meet expectations, but that is not a long-term solution so good
> bug reports will be required for a smoother experience going forward."

done: 272232 - kmail reports duplicate messages when marking thread as read before mail download completes

I don't see other bugs, it's just quite slow and resources hungry,
which I don't expect being fixed any time soon.

I did not try to convert/reimport my email accounts because it takes
much more time than I can spend without email and usable computer (resources).