/etc/sysconfig/desktop?

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:13:11 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 17:00, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does F15 still use /etc/sysconfig/desktop to switch to KDM?
>
> I don't see any such file, and:
>  yum provides /etc/sysconfig/desktop
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> No Matches found

So far as i am aware no package provided that file even in f14 and before.
/etc/X11/prefdm looks at the file is present and otherwise goes to the
fallbacks which are gdm followed by kdm in f14. I know in f14 the kde live
cd provided that file which is created in the kickstart for the image. I am
not using f15 yet but certainly in f14 if you installed from the dvd then
you had to create the file manually.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...