Downgrading kmail

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 15:43:10 UTC 2011

On 11/19/2011 04:42 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> The problem is that KMail has some features that I rely on, and TBird doesn't
> have them.  In particular I miss the ability to associate an identity with a
> folder (essential for mailing list handling:  I got many moderation messages
> when using TBird) and the much better handling of expiry of messages.
There appears to be a plugin for Thunderbird that will alleviate this
problem. I've got it installed but not configured yet. I'm tired of the
problems of KMail2, and seriously thinking about using Thunderbird, if I
can't find something better! I'm not sure Evolution would be any better,
but I'm willing to give it a shot! Frankly I don't like the way
Thunderbird has to have a separate mail store for EACH identity! :(

Thunderbird has a few features I'd love to see implemented in KMail
(like the ability to select a different identity from a pull-down menu.
That's missing in KMail2, but it *USED* to be available in the old KMail!)