Fedora 16 - Quite a lot of KDE stuff crashing

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 05:11:47 UTC 2011

Hi

After a fresh install of Fedora 16:
1. Every time I log in to KDE, abrt reports a crash in 'tracker' package

I  updated my installation of Fedora 16 a couple of days back. I also
installed nvidia proprietary drivers from RPMFusion. Now:
1. tracker crash is gone
2. Every time I log in, abrt reports crash in 'nvidia-settings'
3. When I start Thunderbird, abrt reports a crash, but Thunderbird
starts fine
4. Some KDE applications - akregator & ktorrent fail to start with
segfault reported by the KDE crash handler
5. KDE apps like korganizer, kate, kwrite, konsole etc. start fine
6. On subsequent attempts, KTorrent starts OK, but akregator always crashes

Is anyone else seeing something similar?

regards,

Syam