Kmail2 quite usable.

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Nov 30 01:22:53 UTC 2011

Roy Dragseth wrote:

> o akonadi doesn't like suspend/resumes on my laptop.

> o sometimes the kwalletd will bomb out

> o often the Next/Prev Message in the Go menu are grayed out

> Trying to convert the Kmail1 mail caches was a no-go,

> So, all in all, kmail2 was better than feared for my use.

With good reviews like this lets hope it doesn't get any bad ones!

I too have had - and still have - various non-fatal problems
with KMail2, and am continuing to use it.
As they used to say, "Close, but no cigar".

I've got a new minor problem, and I'm interested to know
if anyone else has it.
I'm using KMail2 on my laptop exclusively with IMAP/dovecot
on a local server; and with Fedora-16/KMail2 on the laptop
I get a frequent message on the laptop that
contact with the server has been lost.
This doesn't seem to have any adverse effect;
I still seem get new email and am able to read it.

Another minor symptom: I sometimes get the message "Please wait"
(or something to that effect) and the message screen is hidden.
I find I have to logout or re-boot, after which the emails appear.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net