hidden wifi how?

Lukáš Tinkl ltinkl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 09:30:13 UTC 2011

On Út 6. září 2011 17:06:13 Genes MailLists wrote:
>  I am running F15 fully updated with:
>
>  kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.54.20110812git.nm09.fc15.x86_64
>
>  There is a wifi network which has hidden SSID (I don't like this but it
> is there nonetheless). I need to connect to it.
>
>  At one point I could click on a list of hidden networks - at another
> point there was a place I could hand type in the hidden SSID - now there
> is nothing - it is not showing up in the list and there seems to be no
> way to connect to it.
>
>  The network is configured, and password etc are fine when I choose
> "manage connections" - however all I can do there is view or edit the
> details but not connect.
>
>  So, how do I ask the applet to connect to a known hidden wifi network?
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  gene

Unfortunately, connecting to hidden SSIDs is not currently supported, in fact,
it's been only implemented yesterday :) [1]

I'm planning to do a kde-plasma-networkmanagement snapshot update sometime
today or tomorrow, stay tuned

[1]
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/base/networkmanagement/repository/revisions/d119e72811b25d167ee646d831b0aa4bb48f2a15

--