KMail Mailing List

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Sep 9 23:35:49 UTC 2011

John Aldrich wrote:

>> > The KDE at lists.fedoraproject.org is a mailing
>> > list.
>>
>> Is this an email address?
>> It seems a very strange one.
>>
> that is the email address for the KDE/Fedora mailing list. How do you
> access this (KDE/Fedora) mailing list??

According to the mail headers, he's using the Gmane NNTP gateway (through
KNode, though that doesn't matter here), which (to prevent spam) mangles all
the e-mail addresses in messages.

I also use Gmane (also with KNode) and I see "KDE-" + a bunch of ASCII
gibberish (looks like a BASE64 encoding of a hash) + at sign +
"public.gmane.org".

FWIW, IMHO, Gmane + KNode is a really nice way to read mailing lists, NNTP
is much more suited for discussion than e-mail (even more so because I use
POP3 for my e-mail, which just doesn't scale to mailing lists).

        Kevin Kofler