kmail has quit working totally

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 01:00:31 UTC 2011

Neal Becker wrote:

> Łukasz Redynk wrote:

>>> Just keeps getting  worse.  Now NM doesn't connect automatically to my
>>> wireless.
>>> If I logoff/on, then nm-plasma says 'waiting for authorization'.  If I try
>>> edit the connection, nothing happens (no dialog appears).  All I can do is
>>> each time I login, delete the connection and re-create it.
>>>
>>> One time I saw some message about 'no agent available'.

>> Which version of nm and kde are you using?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Erdk
> kdebase-4.7.0-1.fc15.x86_64
> NetworkManager-0.8.9997-6.git20110721.fc15.x86_64

After creating a new user, mving all the old config out of .local/share/akonadi,
.config/akonadi and .kde, I thought it was fixed.  But, even with all new config
files, it's still broken.

After reboot, on 1st login nm plasma opens a dialog and asks for pw.  Connect
OK.  Try to edit connection, (Network Manager Settings), click on edit I get a
dialog "Error Plasma Desktop Shell"  "No agents were available for this
request".

I could almost live with that - but it seems on logout/login, it never asks for
pw, but just stays in a state of 'waiting for authorization'.