kwallet failure

Emmett Culley emmett at webengineer.com
Sat Sep 10 20:37:50 UTC 2011

I recently had a system crash. (up to date Fedora 15) After restarting the machine I noticed that many desktop objects didn't work.  I'd click on an object that it would eventually timeout, e.g., a tiger VNC session via ssh tunnel.  I'd see the twirling circle with the object name in the task bar, then nothing.

It took me a while to figure out that the problem was with kwallet.  I mentioned this and ask for info on how to resolve on this list, but no one responded, except me to add information :-)

I finally resolved it by uninstalling kedutils and kdeutils-minimal then reinstalling them.  Still some issues.  Like it always prompted to allow, even if I selected "Allow always" previously.

At least it seemed to be resolved.  A few minutes ago I did an up date and rebooted my system, now I am back where I was.  No app that relies on kwallet will start.

Can some one please suggest where I can start to look?  Nothing shows up on google.

Emmett