hidden wifi how?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Sep 19 13:12:39 UTC 2011

On 09/16/2011 09:37 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 09/16/2011 09:36 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>>>    Q1) Does the install restart the applet or do I need to restart it (or
>>> logoff/logon) ?
>>
>> You need to restart your session after install (for best results anyway).
>>
>> -- rex
>
> Ok thanks - I'll report back as soon as I can make/access a hidden AP.

 Running kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.59.20110919git:

  I see the 'hidden network' button is now back -

 (1) I will be able to try it today with a hidden network.

 (2) The 'hidden network' button - doesn't offer a drop down of known
networks - it forces me to type the SSID by hand even if it's a known
SSID I want to connet to - can this be improved, it would be far more
conventient to allow the user to connect to any known network (this is
the way the gnome one (used to) works?

  (3) Also, if NM sees a beacon signal from a hidden network - will the
applet now add that to the list of available networks (perhaps marked
with hidden) ?

  gene/