KMail2

Henk Zaagman hzaagman at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 3 12:26:15 UTC 2012

Timothy Murphy <gayleard at ...> writes:

> Is anybody using KMail2, or has everyone given up on it?
>
> I've asked several questions about it,
> eg I cannot create top-level folders,
> there are curious sub-folders created when migrating from KMail,
> the Tools=>Find Messages facility does not seem to work.
>
> I just wondered if the reason I haven't had any responses
> is that everyone has gone back to the previous version of KMail?

I'am searching the internet for a solution. KMail crashes always after deletion
of some mails . It varies between 5 to 12 mails an then KMail crashes.
I saw a lot of people experiencing the same problem , with log crash reports but
until now I didn't see any solution and strong silence from the developers.
I'm running Fedora 16 with the latest updates.
In principle the KMail is a disaster now. Alternatives : thats te problem .
There is no simple nice solution to convert the KMail archives to another
system. You have to pick up the mail-folders en sub-folders at low level in the
.local tree and import one by one in evolution for example . Thunderbird
probably the same issue
If I convert my whole mail system to evolution I guess it will take 2 full days.
Writing / testing scripts and the conversion also 2-3 days.

Waiting for someone with a smart solution .