Problem with virtual desktops

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat Feb 4 04:34:58 UTC 2012

On 02/03/2012 10:30 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 02/04/2012 12:08 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I am running Fedora-16 KDE on my laptop,
>> with 8 virtual desktops.
>> If I click on the pager widget in the panel
>> (not sure of the proper name for this)
>> highlighting eg desktop 3,
>> and then click on the Terminal icon in the panel,
>> a konsole window is opened,
>> but not in the desktop I chose.
>> As far as I can see, the desktop is more or less random.
>> This is annoying, because it often covers a window already in use.
>>
>> How can I open a terminal in a given desktop, please?
>>

> You have a Terminal icon in the panel?  How did you place it there?
>
> I didn't have one, so I went to the menu and right-clicked on konsole
> and selected "Add to panel".  When I select a desktop from the pager and
> then click on the newly created Terminal icon it always brings up the
> terminal in the current desktop.

He said it was in pager - so perhaps he started on - and clicked top
left corner - and chose To Desktop->All Desktops

 If that happened, then perhaps it would do as he described?

 if so - just click top corner and To Desktop and select one of them
install of all.

 I could be way off base of course ...

 gene