"Fetch Job Error - Plasma Desktop Shell" ??

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Feb 14 15:24:10 UTC 2012

I'm still getting this warning:
"Fetch Job Error - Plasma Desktop Shell
Unknown error. Unable to fetch item from backend"
several times a day.
(It comes up in a small window, and disappears after 10 seconds or so.)
I've googled for it, and it seems a relatively common disease,
but I haven't seen any cure suggested.

Strangely, it only comes up on one Fedora-16/KDE laptop out of three.

I don't see any effect of the "error", except for this message,
unless it is responsible for the fact that the laptop goes "sticky"
from time to time, and does not let me go to another virtual desktop.
This again only lasts for 20 seconds or so.

Has anyone encountered this, and found a solution?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net