kontact make me creazy

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Fri Feb 24 16:08:56 UTC 2012

On Friday 24 Feb 2012 11:24:04 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Gregor Tätzner wrote:
> > Or can try out http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/rdieter/kde48/.  These
> > packages will be pushed to updates later on (after getting upgraded to kde
> > 4.8.1)
>
> I've followed this advice, adding Rex Dieter's repo and updating.
> I haven't tested KMail fully, but I have determined that
> the Tools=>Find Messages facility is no better than it was before.
>
> To repeat a bugzilla I posted a week or so ago:
> As I recall, KMail=>Tools=>Find Messages
> used to search through the currently opened folder (eg Inbox)
>
> Now it seems to search through all folders,
> which in my case means tens of thousands of emails.
>
> Also, it says at the bottom "0 matches in Last Search"
> even though it has found dozens of matches.
>
> Also, most of the searches (eg From) do not seem to work properly.
>
> Finally, there are many blank lines is the list of finds.
>
> This facility seems to be in a complete mess,
> and has been for many months.
>
> I was advised in response to this bugzilla to go over to 4.8.x ,
> which I have now done.
> Sadly it appears to have had zero effect on this aspect of KMail2.

Thats strange, mine works ok, I wonder do you use virtuoso to index your
mails?, I dont know if kmail uses that to search.

to search through the current folder you should have the quick search bar
activated in settings, any word in that will show threads/posts that contain
that word anywere in them.

and regards the From search not working, aren't most emails from a mailing
list, not specific people, if you search "anywere in message" and put a
persons name, it should find what your looking for.

Martin