kde sessions logged out

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 13:00:54 UTC 2012

Hi

This morning my users came in to find that they had had their locked F16
kde sessions logged out. Indications are that this happened about the
time of our nightly yum update. The systems had not rebooted so we can
probably rule out a power glitch.

I'd like to try to find out what caused this since we'd rather it didn't
happen regularly.

There were quite a few updates that came in early this morning, but as a
starting point I was wondering if the logout was a possible side effect
of the kde updates? It looks like kdebase-workspace*, kdm,  ksysguard*,
libkworkspace, phonon* and plasma-scriptengine-python were updated?

Has anyone else noticed such an unscheduled logout?

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone