[f16] Screen goes blank [due to loss of video?]

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jan 21 03:56:02 UTC 2012

On 01/21/2012 11:50 AM, Gene Smith wrote:
> Since moving to f16 (from f14) sometimes my screen goes blanks for no
> apparent reason. KDE power setting and screen saver settings seem OK.
> Also, it doesn't happen on every KDE login but when it does its like
> the computer has turned off and there is no video signal and the
> monitor goes to sleep until I move the mouse or press a key. Then
> monitor might only stays on a few seconds until it goes off again.
>
> Sometimes logging off and back on fixes it. Today it seems to be OK.
> Not sure if this is h/w or s/w caused.

Not seeing that problem here...  I suppose the questions I'd ask are:

1.  How did you go from F14 to F16?  Fresh install, or?

2.  What is your video hardware?

3.  What is the output of   xset q ?

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis