Konqueror sorting by file type: not as it was.

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jan 24 22:16:44 UTC 2012

Fedora 15 x86_64, konqueror 4.6.5

I have a 500Gb folder of video files and snapshots, foo.mpg and
foo.mpg.png.   During processing I rename to foo.mpg.old and create a
new foo.mpg file; if the process seems to have worked I usually then
delete foo.mpg.old

Until recently 'konqueror sort by file type' always put the file to be
deleted at the top of the window. Now it may be at the top, the middle
or the bottom.  This is only mildly inconvenient, but it _is_ a change
and I suppose it could have other consequences.  I haven't seen it
reported elsewhere.

John P