kde Digest, Vol 44, Issue 35

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 05:56:03 UTC 2012

Hello

  Maybe Nikhil is hitting the problem where hardware acceleration has
to be disabled? I've seen this on two laptops using ATI video (open
source drivers as far as I know, because nothing "additional"/"non
official fedora" was installed on them) after upgrade to f17. In my
case the problem was video playing too fast with no sound but I guess
it could(?) cause even more serious problems. It happens with firefox
as well as konqueror watching youtube, bbc or any other videos online
(and it's fine when watching in say DragonPlayer, Kaffeine and similar
"off-line" players).

  Nikhil, can you try disabling hardware acceleration (goto
SystemSettings->Multimedia->Phonon and on audio branches (including
the heading one) make "internal audio" the first/preferred one).

--
Tomas